Sunday, February 01, 2009

Blog Blues

Looking at my blog makes me want to throw up.

Well, that's not true in the slightest of details, to be honest. I've never wanted to throw up in my life. I hate throwing up. I loathe it. Sitting on the side of the bathtub in the wee hours of the morning, rocking back and forth, holding everything inside of me that's wanting to violently erupt in volcanic fashion, while lavishing our good Lord with empty promises like, "OH GOD, HELP ME!!!! I'll do anything! PLEASE!!! I don't want to throw up!!" (Etc, etc. You get the picture), makes me sweat.

That being said, I'm feeling some frustration with the whole idea of blogging.

Or maybe it's my brain... that could be the problem. My mind has an irritating amount of things jumbling, flipping and rolling around in it than a money machine on a second rate game show. So I (the blogger) feel as if I'm standing in the middle of this glass box (my blog), complete with the saaweeet goggles, and the switch flips on. The cash (my thoughts) suddenly begin swivelling and swirling about in such erratic patterns that it's impossible to grasp a single buck! It just ain't workin' for me these days. My thoughts just won't seem to cooperate. Not in a way that seems suitable for a blog anyway.

And on a side note, "blog"? Seriously?? Is "blog" even an actual word? When did this happen? I'm not sure I approve. Or maybe I'm just bitter. But don't even get me started on "blurb". I can't even make myself say blurb. I defy the Blurb!!!

So let's wrap this up, shall we?

My blog has most recently been deduced to "lurking". It sits in my own list of "favorites" on my computer screen, waiting for me to check my email. Waiting. Watching. Lurking.

I hate lurking. True lurking, under any circumstance, should require the death penalty. Who lurks anyway? Exactly!

Bad people lurk.

Evil lurks.

My blog lurks lately. I think it's plotting my death.

I should kill it first.

Peace, Love and all that Jazz...

8 comments:

The Stinson Family said...

Sad

Michelle said...

Imagine Sesame Street...
Web---Log
Web-Log
WebLog
Weblog

Embrace the word blog. We would call it that anyway. It's sounds better than web-log.

Chris and Ashley said...

Wow, Michelle! Thanks for the info, I had no idea. Who knew. Abbey, I miss you and your blog! I loved reading this one. Don't let it get to you, if you are not feeling it, don't do it. In the words of Ray Charles, "Just let it do what it do, baby."

Amber said...

Yeah, I went through a 5 month funk this past year...just wasn't happening. Don't give into the pressure!!! If you never feel like posting again, no worries...we will love you anyway!!!

also, speaking of funny "web" words, I love it that google is now a verb....

Michelle said...

I think my comment was snotty :) and know-it-all-ish (which is just hilarious because I'm a know-very-little person) But I just love how Seseme Street does the combining of words AND most especially I love when words are abbreviated so that this lazy woman has one less word to say.

Missy said...

That was Hilarious!!! And very bloggy! See, you are a good blogger/weblogger!
And Michelles last comment made me laugh too.
So you have to keep blogging if only to make me laugh!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allison said...

BLOG BABY - BLOOOOOOOG!!!!! Feel the pressure and DO IT! hee,hee