Friday, August 15, 2008

My Tiny White Oak-ling

Anderson has been working hard learning some of the songs from his favorite band, The White Oaks. You can listen to (and spread the word of) them here.


So he asked, "Mom, if I learn some of their songs, would you video me playing them and post it on your blog? Maybe they'll see me on there and let me open up for one of their concerts some day. (As if they don't already know he plays music. One of them actually was his drum teacher last year.) But he's so dreamy and is in his most relaxed, comfortable and peaceful place when he plays guitar and drums. It's as if life isn't quite as hard when music is being played. (I understand that completely!) This is my deep child... very creative and intimate.

So I told him to keep the dream alive...you never know what might happen. Dreams and hopes are such a good thing. I also told him that if he works really hard and stays with it, then one day the (then world famous)White Oaks will be old and tired and maybe they could open up for him! It made me laugh to imagine Scott, Matt, Noel & Michael looking more like ZZ Top and opening up for Ando.

Anyway... I thought it was a simple enough request to grant.

So, without further ado (and I actually have no idea what that means but I know people say it in sentences like these) here is Anderson playing the guitar intro to "Stare it Down" and the first part of "Hey Julie" by The (oh so very talented) White Oaks. (I'm sort of a huge fan too, if you haven't noticed.)



Thanks for listening!


Peace, Love & all that Jazz...

17 comments:

care-in said...

Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing it.

Kenny said...

Ando Rocks! Yeah! He is really getting good on that thing. But tell him I want to hear (and see) some Guns and Roses.

allison said...

Holy Cow - He is soooooooo good. Rock on Ando! Rock on!

allison said...

BTW, the whole family watch him play. They all concure.

Anonymous said...

I clapped at the end into my computer as a totally involuntary response! Then I cried. How precious is that Anderson?! If the White Oaks don't let him open for them I'm gonna hit them over the head! :)

Missy said...

I mean how many girlfriends does he have? BC if he doesn't have them yet, he sure will!!
That was AWESOME...like make me wanna cry if I was his Momma Awesome!

Molly said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. He's a rockstar.

Anonymous said...

Quinn's sister here and must say I love your blogging and HAD to comment on your talented son! WOW. I'm very impressed. Also, my hat's off to you for keeping those dreams real for your kids. I have 3 beautiful girls -- let's keep in touch ;)

mindy said...

Look out Jonas brothers!

mindy said...

look out Jonas brothers...here comes Ando!!

Chris and Ashley said...

Tell him that his Uncle Chris and Aunt Ashley are so very proud of him! :0) He did a spectacular job. Thanks for posting the video!

The Stinson Family said...

Ando is the coolest!

Must...see...new...table. POst a picture

The Stinson Family said...

Tagged

See my most recent post:

http://thestinsonfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

CanCan said...

That is so great! My brother was just like that when he was in 4rth grade. So tell Ando that he can be a rock and roller like Uncle Chi Chi one day.
Woot woot!

And, I also know that my car drawing made you happy, because that is just what good art does to people. I'm glad I can bless you like that on my blog post.

CanCan said...

Thanks...now that the pictures of Jojo's room are up there, I feel kind of exposed. What if people feel sorry for him because his room is so lame? His matress is on the FLOOR for goodness sakes. And my sad sad pet netting skills....
too depressing.

Daphne said...

ANDO you are my hero man. I love it!! When you are famous and everything will you still remember the little people like us?? I can't wait to show Titus & Isaac this video they will love it.

Abbey said...

Thanks everyone for listening and commenting about Anderson. I read all your comments to him and he was flushed and embarassed, but also very thankful and excited that you commented!! :)

And to Kenny: He CAN play Guns-n-Roses! I say this with very little pride, as you can imagine! But that being said, he plays several of their songs.... I'll send you an email! :)

And Kerri: I would love to keep in touch! Thx for the blog love! :) Do you have a blog?

Cancan: I do remember tiny Chip rockin' it out at a tender young age! He has always been so gifted. And is that what your kids call him, btw? Uncle Chi Chi? Too cute! I love it!

And to Ms Daph: Of course he'll always remember the Feete!! Are you crazy?? I'm his mother. He'll have to!! :) We miss y'all SO much. :(

Thx for the Ando love & support everyone! :) That's so kind.