Monday, March 02, 2009

A Dream Come True... Kinda.

Well a ski trip didn't happen, but we got a few inches here in the Ham to play in, which magically hit the snow spot for me. And I made something like skiing happen when I slipped on the stairs off my kitchen porch in my cheap, fake Ugg boots from Target that apparently have zero traction in icy conditions. I wonder if any rich people in real Ugg boots slipped on their porches.... hhhmmm.

Either way, we had quite a good time in the snow together. I took lots of photos of the kids, the hubs and the pets, while the hubs spent the entire day hurling snowballs at the pets and the kids.
Here's Tica Lica enjoying a joy run as she dodges flying snow bombs from all directions. And look at how rosy her little cheeks are! Run, Tica! RUUUUUN!!!

Matt & the boys built an adorable, leafy snowman.

Well... an adorable "anatomically correct" leafy snowman... eh hmm.

And a really happy one that reminded me alot of Frosty with his Halloween mask and machine gun??! Wow. How very lovely.

And everyone enjoyed a nice, friendly snowball fight. Well, not me actually. It wasn't pretty. Or all that friendly if you ask me. Must be a guy thing.

Elliot took some pretty cheap shots and pegged Anderson at close range.

But not without paying a heavy price. Several times...


But they were loving it!

Even Cinco de Frio de Mio de Miles joined us, but took cover most of the afternoon in the outdoor grill.

And last but not least, the boys made snow angels!! Well, pee angels, actually. But beggars can't be choosers I suppose.So there you have it. My dreamy family snow day. OK, so maybe it's not as dreamtastic as I may have planned, but boys will be boys and I have 4 of them!
That being said, are there any more questions why I dress the dog in cute little sweaters and dye her pink for Valentine's day?

I didn't think so. :)
Peace, Love & all that winter Jazz...

9 comments:

Teresa said...

super cute and oh so goreish! :) I love it!!!

Chris and Ashley said...

I'm so glad that you got your snow fix! It looks like you guys made the most of every flake that fell. :0) Tica is too cute with her sweater and "rosey" cheeks!

Michelle said...

I LOVE IT!!! It sounds like you are going to be extra thankful for a very girly night soon. You and Tica look like beautiful snow angels...not the pee kind.

Missy said...

YOu make me laugh!
Cracking me up that you dye your dog...really cracking me up!
YOU are THAT person!

Daphne said...

Well I agree sounds like a very Goreish day. It cracks me up you with all those boys. God already prepared you with your brothers. You are a great Mom to boys.
Not that Matt wouldn't love a girl :) I thought he was going to steal Naomi!!

allison said...

Look at you blogging!!! Anywho, Our snow came sunday afternoon during a nascar race - so we just observed it looking out the window. The next day, there was not even a two hour delay. So off to our day we went. Im glad YOU and fam enjoyed it:) the pee angel - omg! awsome stuff

care-in said...

I don't blame you at all for dying your dog pink.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun:)

Jennifer said...

holy cow. that's all i can say. :-)