Monday, April 06, 2009

This is how we do it...


This is how my son puts strawberries inside of his nose. (Thanks to the lovely Teemarie) Now every time we have strawberries, we all have to spend a moment sticking the stems inside of our nostrils. Amazingly, it never gets old and it always brings a laugh to the table.

This is how long my second born leaves teeth in his mouth. It's always a disappointment for this child when one falls out. (or is more accurately forced out by the permanents). He then hides the teeth so well, that the tooth fairy doesn't stand a chance finding it! Therefore allowing him the pleasure of keeping them forever. Like collectibles. Gross little collectibles with dried blood and roots. Eeew.

This is how we snuggle with our pup. And also why we're thankful our kids aren't allergic to dogs. Is he getting any air in his lungs that isn't filtered through Tica's hair? I think not. But hey, no judgements! Dogs are people too.


This is how we creep ourselves out. The boys found her in our woods, with her one hazy eyeball and her head full of worms, face down by the creek. Yea, I know. But she has since been properly discarded of. Permanently. Never to return. Ever!

This is how we play at aforementioned creek. One man's trash (and you know who you are! Hehe) Is my boys' treasure. And yes, we're current on our tetanus shots. (I think.)

This is how we get our relaxation on at Rock Springs Farm. And Mama Gore gets a piece of that too, just so ya know. This photo is really zoomed in. My beloveds are very far away. They can't even hear me when I yell. It's awesome. I drink buckets of coffee and chat with Sybil on her bedroom porch that overlooks this lake. To say it's dreamy is a gross understatement.


And this is how we become like Lennie from "Of Mice and Men". The cuteness of something this tiny and soft and squeezable is overwhelming. Taking this picture of my son's chubby hand reaching down to pet this tiny duck was nearly too much to bear. Thank God I didn't have pockets big enough to put him in that day.
And this, my friends and family, is how I sign out.
Peace, Love & all that Jazz...

11 comments:

care-in said...

I guess you...I mean the tooth fairy...saves some money huh? And that doll is just gross!

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

i have a horrible story about a doll similar to that one.. another day. gross on the tooth thing.. wow. and don't laugh to hard while playing with the strawberry stems.. you may inhale one.. ha!

allison said...

the DOLL - that is some creepy stuff right there!!!

The Stinson Family said...

That doll sent chills up my spine! So did the relaxation part.

Jennifer said...

gosh, ya'll are some funny folks. and, that doll gives me the heebie jeebies.

Michelle said...

Ewwwwwww!!! I remember that doll. That creek is stinkin' AWESOME girl!!!! I am jealous! I wish I was a kid again so that I could play down there and find treasures and make up scarey stories about that doll! Let's do it.

Abbey said...

lol! I knew that doll would creep everybody out. Isn't she just sick??
Michelle, you're right! It's actually pretty amazing down there. You'll have to come have a look for sure. It's a child's dream!

Missy said...

You absoultly crack me up!!!!

Chris and Ashley said...

I miss sleeping with a Tica face mask! :0)
And, are you sure that doll won't come back? I think it is going to haunt my dreams.

Daphne said...

The Footes love how you do it...but after an AWESOME visit with the Gores when we went home in Dec. the boys said they have the coolest house with the most amazing yard and to top it off the have a CREEK!! Then my little Chloe Ann chimes in with "uhum it is a very creepy creek did you see that doll, it only had one eye, it was too scary for me I had to walk back to the house all by myself!!!" She will be so happy to know you got rid of it. Maybe she will want to come to your house again now!! LOL
Good times and a Great blog my friend,

Teresa said...

that duck is sooooo cute!

I mean so are the pics of the dangling tooth and the nose hair and all :)

(((hugs)))