Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Sullenly discontented; Sulky; Morose; Ill-tempered

There are several problems that I have with today.

The first of them being that I didn't wake up in Heaven. This is a weighty problem to have, as it pretty much affects everything I think, say and do. Now don't misunderstand me, family and friends. I'm not contemplating suicide. Well not seriously anyway. I'm just really exhausted from the weightiness of life as a human being on this earth and therefore feeling mighty grouchy indeed. (Those are very different things.) I don't want to take myself out of this world, I want to be rescued from it. But "Somebody" didn't choose to come get us today and I wish He'd just hurry up already. Geez! Now please understand that there are things that I love, sure. There are blessings. Innumerable blessings. But this isn't a post about blessings. It's a post about bitching. Now see, that just made me laugh while I'm trying to be grouchy.

Moving on to my second problem with today... I'm SO grouchy! I really don't mind the grouchiness in and of itself; on some level it actually pleases me. I do, however, have 3 children that are under the influence of yours truly on a constant basis, grouchiness included. That being said, it's one thing to feel like a grouch, it's another thing entirely to entice young children into this mood at the same time. It's contagious, I realize.

Which is my third problem. Grouchiness being contagious. Get your own mood, why don't you?Why can't I just be grouchy all by myself? Why do I have to share that? I don't usually mind my kids feeling grouchy, but why do they have to steal mine? Be grouchy on your own time for crying out loud! Greedy little suckers. They take and they take and they take.

Anyway, the next and most obvious problem is that there are now 4 grouchy people in this house and I only have tolerance for one. Just one! Only me.

So now I have the unwanted responsibility to turn this sinking, intolerably crowded, grouchy ship around. Otherwise, someone will be walking the plank very soon!

I bet there won't be one single plank to walk in Heaven.

Ah... back to my first point... Heaven. A place where all things are right and good. A place where grouchiness won't exist. A place where Hank Jr. won't exist, come to think of it, assuming it ain't alot like Dixie, anyway. A place that sounds like somewhere I would like to be, please. But until then... it's my blog, I can bitch if I want to. :(

And now I must go tend to these grouch monsters that I've created. I would just let it go, but the possibility of me surrendering to the "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" theory seems too probable under these extreme conditions. So I must go see if I can't muster up some repentance deep down in my dark, grouchy soul and make things right.

**sigh**

But it was fun while it lasted!!

Peace (psssh!), Love (Pffft!) & all that Grouchy Jazz....

4 comments:

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

well your crouchyness makes for some funny blog writin' that's for sure. The song "we want the funk" comes to mind except change the words to "we got the funk, gotta have that funk, ooow."

I am sorry sista. The days are long but the years are short. And Im with you on the wanting the Lord to hurry up and rescue us from this place.. but until then I will pray that He makes you stand in His glory right in your own house.

Chris and Ashley said...

What you really need to do is train your boys to bring you a glass of chardonnay whenever grouchiness onsets. That would solve everyone's problems. Trust me, there is nothing wrong with a little cabernet in your cup of coffee, either.

allison said...

mothers do have a way of setting the tone for the day...darn it. I have a remedy, just say words like 'bitchin' and you might get out of your bad mood. Even better, pretend you are british and add the word 'bloody' somewhere in there:)

Abbey said...

Aw, Rachel, thanks for the kind words! It is true... I can often spin my worst times with my words. Sometime sit has been a grace to me. It is most often true in blogging. Thanks for the prayer!

Ashley... hahahaha! & wow... cab & coffee? That's a new one! :)

Aly... that's bloody ridiculous! I cant' believe you would suggest such a thing! Hee hee... btw, what does that mean? It sounds so innocent to me! Does your dad say that to you & the kids alot? "Let's go to the bloddy park?" etc etc lol