Friday, May 22, 2009

Roaches Should Not Be on People's Faces

To celebrate the first official day of summer, I woke up with a roach on my face. Yeah, it wasn't my hair tickling the side of my neck, as I had groggily suspected. It was a big, black cockroach.
On my face.

I slapped and clawed myself in a desperate attempt to get him off of me. It worked. I then slapped and clawed myself for awhile longer in a hopeful attempt to get the feeling of him being on me off of me. It did not work.

TO my horror, he slowly re-emerged from underneath Matt's pillow, mocking me in my fear as the hair stood up on the back of my neck. I gagged for minute. Then I killed him.

Matt flushed him appropriately, so as to avoid the possibility of him resurrecting and crawling out of the trash and back on to my face. He then assured me that this was an isolated incident (which I'm not thoroughly convinced of) and that this didn't happen because of the new deck we had put on recently. He doesn't feel it's necessary to tear it off of the house, as I had suggested.

I doubt the kids and I will be able to breathe soon for all of the poisoin that I will be pouring in and around the house today.

Roaches should not be on people's faces.

Happy summer.

8 comments:

allison said...

Im dreading the thought of encountering roaches when I move to New Orleans. It is the inevitable. Dont tear down that beautiful deck!!

Missy said...

Oh Abbey, I am so horrified for you! How many times have you washed your face today? Did you run out of soap?
OOh, puke, gross. I am totally grossed out for you my friend.

Chris and Ashley said...

Oh wow. That is horrible. I am now scratching and clawing my face to get the feeling off of me too. That is why you need Tica with you -- to ward off flesh eating insects!

Abbey said...

Aly~ the deck remains. :) And I will pray for you and your small children as you enter in NOLA roach territory! (But don't put a deck on your new gutted house!)

Missy~ Thx for the horror sympathy!! I did actually wash my face several times and it helped.

Ahsley~ I KNOW!!! I need to have a roach crawl across Matt's face so she can sleep with us for protection! :) (Now to figure out how to plan for a roach to crawl across Matt's face...hhmmm)

Jennifer S. Walsh said...

I'm feeling partial responsibility on this one...

Clint Wells said...

I place a roach on my own face every night before bed.

Yum.

Abbey said...

Jen~ if this was OUR punishment for waking Matt up on a work night at 1am with our big mouths, then you owe me BIGTIME!! I'm thinking I prety much took one for the team on that one.

Clint~ I rebuke this vile visual! eeeeeeeeewwwww!

Crissy said...

I am now slapping and clawing my face in sympathy, if that helps anything. And saying 'ewww' over and over and over.