Monday, August 04, 2008

Going Our Separate Ways

Well, it's over.

It's completely over and I have no say in it whatsoever.
I have worked SO hard to make it last. For everyone to be happy. For things to go smoothly day to day... week to week... month after month.

I mean yeah, we've had our ups and downs. Who hasn't?? We've had some tough days, I'll admit that. But to just abruptly end things? All the good times we've had?? All the vacations and family togetherness?

If I could go back and do it all over again, I would. I really think I would. Maybe I could right some wrongs along the way.

But I'm trying to be flexible and not try desperately to hang on to something that is SIMPLY OVER.

But I do have to say, as the tears swell, I never expected it to happen this soon.

And where do the kids fall? Well, I'll tell you this much...I only get them now at nights and on weekends. It's so sad. My heart is very sad.


So... I hope you're happy, summer! You waltz in every year and bring so much joy and togetherness, only to abruptly leave us moms...abandoned. Without so much as the slightest concern with how we might feel about that. And you should be ashamed of yourself for leaving us so early this year! And with this heat!!

I really thought we had something special going on. I guess I was wrong.

(Here's to school starting next week, everyone!!)

Peace, Love & all that Jazz....

8 comments:

Missy said...

The good thing about homeschooling is that Summer doesn't have to end yet...
The bad thing about homeschooling is that Summer isn't ending yet!!!

Unknown said...

Aww! It is over! All the late nights with the Gores :-(. Can I just tell you, after you guys left the other night, we both just stood in the driveway and cried. It was really sad. But, in no time at all it will be summer again and time for late night antics!

Stephanie said...

You scared me there for a minute, Abbey. I wasn't sure what was going on! I don't mind summer being over; we're too excited to get started with school!

Stephanie said...

Another thing, you spelled "separate" wrong!

Abbey said...

Well, I guess I failed that spelling quiz! Thx for the correction...
And I'm glad you were scared!! That was the point... to make every think otherwise... I'm a trickster!!

Marsha said...

You scared me there for a minute girl!

School doesn't start up here in the mtns until the last week of August.

CanCan said...

No no, don't worry...we have SHOWERS inside, we just don't have a bath tub. I'm not ready to go outside in the buff here. I wouldn't do that back home either, but especially here, where people might be curious to see what a white person looks like sans clothes.

The Stinson Family said...

I could not read fast enough to get to the end (I would not let myself cheat). Then I had to go back and re-read the entire thing because I missed so much the first time trying to figure out what was over. Can I just say that God put you in my life for comic releif? Thanks for being you!